We know that runners appreciate that race directors and organisers have big financial committments to their events, medals have to be ordered many months in advance and for small events like our own, they form a very large percentage of the entry fees which we’re paying many months before the event.
So by agreeing to take part in one of our events you agree
1) I am fully aware of the actual and potential risks in participation in this event.
2) I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any case, I will compete at my own risk.
3) To the extent permitted by law, I accept that the organisers and sponsors of the race, or any of their agents, will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. whilst we can’t offer a perfect solution to this, we can offer what we think is a fair policy.
- You can transfer your place(s) from one of our events to another future event of ours (as long as places are available) within 7 days of the event start date.
- You can transfer your place to another runner up until 7 days before the event start date.
In line with just about every other running event on the planet we operate a no refunds policy. We simply cannot afford otherwise, we commit to spending thousands of pounds on medals and minimum fees to venues and if everyone said, ah, refund please, we’d be hugely out of pocket in no time. Not to mention that we are unable to recover fees from Paypal either, so not only would be repaying entry fees we’d be paying a premium to do so.